Asset Data Management
- Managing asset data is one of the most complex areas of BIM/Digital Engineering.
- Storage of asset data on a large building or infrastructure project often results in multiple gigabytes of data.
- Up to 20 or more pieces of data may be recorded for every single asset, from a bolt to a backup generator, resulting in an extensive information database that needs to be accessible and manageable.
- Maintaining an accurate database of building information is critical to allow effective asset operations and management.
- An effective, efficient and manageable system for asset data management is required to manage extremely high amounts of data associated with buildings and infrastructure assets.
- McGregor uses automated systems to assist with management of the huge databases of information associated with existing and new buildings and infrastructure.
McGregor can assist clients to develop and implement Asset Data Management systems using off the shelf or bespoke applications, to cater to their specific requirements.