Ranald McGregor conceived of McGregor Digital Construction while working as a Project Manager on Wembley Stadium in the early 2000’s. The UK was an early implementer of BIM in major construction projects, and BIM was instrumental in completing the Wembley Stadium project. Ranald could forsee the huge benefits of BIM in large and complicated construction projects, and completed a MSc Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Integrated Design at Salford University in the United Kingdom.
After completing several large construction projects in Europe and UAE, Ranald returned to Australia and formed McGregor Digital Construction, which now operates at the forefront of BIM/Digital Engineering and construction management in Australia.
The McGregor team is made up of experienced construction and project management experts, engineers and leading 3D modelling resources that help make McGregor Digital Construction a leader in the field.
McGregor is different from most BIM consultants because McGregor team members are BIM/Digital Engineering experts with real on-site experience building major projects globally.
McGregor understands construction, and this allows McGregor to successfully apply fit for purpose, best practice BIM/Digital Engineering methods to real, complex construction projects.
HOW MCGREGOR DELIVERSMcGregor operates by three pillars that help drive successful outcomes for each client on every project:
The Power of Usability
(what we do)
- Putting more information in more hands
- Improving the understanding and use of data
- Removing friction from data collection
- Maintaining quality of information
- Promoting faster decision making
- Clarifying options and predicting better outcomes (time, cost, quality)
- Removing hurdles to adoption
The Wisdom of Experience
(what we know)
- Equal weighting on technology and physical construction skills
- Designing for data integrity from the outset
- Ensuring data efficiency throughout lifecycle
- Understanding cost benefit and use cases
- Maintaining openness and interoperability
- Focussing on real world applications and outcomes
- Creating systems for the long term
The Magic of Collaboration
(how we work)
- Actively promoting collaboration through the project
- Providing a digital spine that travels along the project lifecycle
- Hosting and refereeing a 3rd party playing field
- Technology agnostic, promoting interoperability
- Providing accessibility for all stakeholders including fringe players
- Skillfully negotiating human connectivity
- Creating a conducive environment for innovation